|5月 17, 2012
Thessaloniki, many stories, one heart
Thessaloniki Tourism Organisation (TTO) is a non-profit organisation - the official Tourism Board of the City - whose main purpose is the promotion of the city and its environs in Greece and abroad.
As part of this effort, the TTO:
• Organizes familiarization trips hosting journalists and tour operators from around the world to acquaint them with the local community, culture and rich heritage of the city
• Participates in travel and meetings & events trade fairs, bringing together our executives with decision makers of large travel agencies and PCO's
• Concludes agreements with major public relations and destination marketing organisations to promote the city, leveraging both print and digital media
• Collaborates with the Municipality of Thessaloniki (the Mayor is also the President of TTO),the Region of Central Macedonia , Thessaloniki Chamber of Commerce and Industry, HELEXPO ,Thessaloniki Port Authority and with relevant agencies and organisations in Thessaloniki, including Thessaloniki Hotel Association (one of the founding members of the TTO) and the Thessaloniki Convention & Visitors Bureau - TCVB (which is in fact a part of TTO), local tour operators, agencies and other travel associations, thereby strengthening our joint strategic objectives of assisting in the economic and social development of the region
• Partners with and supports the city in joint cultural and sports events (e.g., the Dimitria Festival, the International Film Festival, the Biennale and the Food Festival)
• Leverages the web both through our own website (www.thessaloniki.travel), but also through other social media (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Visit-Thessaloniki/81047348327) / networking sites to build a community and real-time dialogue with our audience.